Well do I remember the decades ago memories, when I first dared to step out of the box of religious dogma. Not knocking religion, but I did, at the time, notice that the more affluent members in the congregation were always the most greeted. Really noticed it even more, when the children were supposed to attend parochial school. So much for “Blessed are the poor”. Anyway the method shown here does work. But it does take “work” to make it work. Namely overcoming all the negative thinking aspects. Not easy to overlook being called a “day dreamer” for the way you are thinking. But that’s another story, for later telling.
The Fine Art of Visualization
Jesus Taught It Too
(The Early Roots Of The Law Of Attraction)
The Fine Art of Visualization I
The Universe operates according to set laws and the co-creators need to be aware of those laws if they are to be successful in their efforts to consciously create their own reality. Keep yourself in mind. You are constantly creating your reality, albeit on an unconscious level. If you want to know what you think about the most, what you are emotional about and what you believe in strongly, all you need to do is look at your life. Your current reality is merely a reflection of what is occurring in your mind. Visualization is a key in creating your own reality.
If you think that you cannot visualize you are mistaken since the world you see is the result of your visualization. The Universe is very literal. It does not judge your desires. It will create what you hold in your mind, thoughts and emotions. It should be stated clearly from the outset you cannot create negative thoughts or send negative thoughts to someone. All that happens in that situation is that you pollute your own mind and affect only yourself and your perception on the world. There is more that could be said here but it is not worth the energy to do so.
Visualization is more than just seeing what you want in your mind. It is not a flat image like on a TV screen but rather contains all the dimensions and the physical and emotional senses. In a way it is a hologram in which you must be an active participant if you are to achieve maximum success.
Most people start off on the wrong foot when it comes to visualization. They start with the premise “I want.” Like I said, the Universe is very literal and so it will give you all the “wanting” you can handle. Any verb that follows “I” is very powerful and it is the key message to the Universe. Therefore, if you say, “I want more money,” this is interpreted by the Universe as you “want” to keep wanting more money. What you get is merely more “wanting” and basically no money. This holds true for phrases like “I need,” “I wish,” “I hope,” etc. If you think like this, all you will manifest is “needing, wishing and hoping” in abundance.
Here is a key; there is nothing that you do not have. Since all things are made of energy, and there is an unlimited supply of energy in the Universe, truly there is no shortage. All that you could ever want or desire exists and is merely waiting for you to bring it into your life. When you tell the Universe “I have financial abundance, perfect health, a great personal relationship, spiritual enlightenment, and a wonderful and joyous life,” then you set the Universe in motion and it ensures that what you “have” in your mind is brought into physical reality. It is not that seeing is believing it is rather believing is seeing.
Better yet, knowing is receiving. Knowing that you have what you desire sets up a receptive mental state. Now is the time to act “as if.” In your mind you add dimension and emotion to that which you have mentally created. If it is a home improvement you desire, in your mind you see yourself in the added room along with all of the decorations, furnishings, smells and activities you will do there.
See other family members in the room and play out in your mind conversations and others things you will do in that added space. Make it real. Pick the colors of the walls and see yourself hanging the paintings and then just feel good that what you created mentally is now real.
Do not be concerned how this becomes reality and always keep the vision in the present tense; I have, not I will have. The word “will” implies future and like I said, the Universe is literal and that future will always remain in the future until you accept your vision in the now. Do not second-guess how your vision will occur. Many fail at this stage. They try to prescribe to the Universe how it should materialize the vision. I knew a person who once tried to manifest the “money” for her perfect new car. She kept failing. She was telling the Universe that the only way she could get the new car was to get money. After some consultation she decided not to “tell” the Universe but rather to let the Universe do its own thing. She began to visualize the car and her in it, period. A very short time later she was left the exact car, down to the red color by a relative that could no longer drive. The relative was going to sell the car but decided to give it to her niece instead, at no cost! When you try to prescribe the means you actually close doors and oftentimes block the Universe from manifesting your vision. Do not get caught in the mental trap of “I want it and this is how it must come.” The Universe is very resourceful.
There is another key step in this process and I would refer you to my other article, “The Power of Gratitude”.
Now that you “have,” be grateful. Let the Universe know that you appreciate the gift and are thankful for a Universe that is waiting and ready to meet all of your desires. Keep in mind that the Universe is not seeking gratitude, it really seeks nothing. But when you set up in your mind the attitude of gratitude you make the manifestation of your vision real to you and that is what is important. One rarely gives thanks for something they have not received.
If you want, decorate your fridge with pictures and post sayings of gratitude—reminders of what you have already received. Every little bit helps.
We live and breathe and have our existence in a sea of energy that is shaped, molded and manifest through conscious thought. All that exists is thought made manifest. To the ancient mystics, this was called the tapestry of life. In modern times it is the string theory of quantum physics. Remember, there is no lack of energy in the Universe.
DO NOT give any attention to things that you do not want in your life. All that does is to feed energy into that which you do not desire. Do not adopt the attitude that there is no way that you can have what you desire simply because you do not see how it can come about. If the Universe can create stars, planets and life it is quite capable of creating a more positive situation for your life. Even if you think you only have a little of what life seems to offer, it is necessary to be thankful for what you do have. This begins to put into motion the idea that what you have, you enjoy and the Universe will respond with more of what makes you happy. If you seem to have a lack of funds, be thankful for what you do have and let the Universe know that it pleases you to have money in the bank. This opens the door to more. NEVER bemoan the fact that you cannot pay a bill because if you do, then that is where you are putting your mental energy and the Universe responds by adding to that energy. he Universe merely follows your flow of mental energy and adds to it. It makes no judgment about what you think about, it merely follows the flow of your thoughts and assumes that because you are filling that thought with your emotional energy, then it must be something you desire. Once you have formed the picture of what you have (remember, you have everything, you just want to manifest it), do NOT dwell on the image to the point of distraction. If you keep changing your ideas then the Universe is given the impression that you have not finished your mental creation and so it will wait until you are done. However, there is more that you can do to reinforce your mental creation. For the sake of argument, say you are seeking a new or more positive relationship. You have imagined (imaged) your perfect partner. What you can now do is a little daydreaming. Picture what you and your new partner will be doing. See yourself and your partner going out to dinner, attending a play or concert, taking a drive or spending a quiet moment together. What are you going to talk about with your new mate? How will you spend your evenings? What clothes is he or she wearing? In this daydream you do not alter the image; rather, you give it life and solidity. Fill it with conversation, laughter, emotion and a sense of joy and gratitude that all that you sought is real and now in your life.
Do not make this a future event; see it in the now for now is all that there is. This bringing to life of your image is often overlooked. If a car is your desire then see yourself in it and going places. If it is better health, then see yourself doing what you desire in a state of wholeness. If it is enlightenment you seek, feel the presence of revelation, higher knowledge and understanding flowing through every fiber of your being. Want to help world peace? Then do not see the world at war but rather focus upon a vision of the world filled with understanding and brotherly love.
As you focus upon these energies, they are drawn into your world by the Law of Attraction. Remember, you cannot change the lives of others and impose your will upon others. We are each responsible for our own reality. By drawing in the energies you desire you do have an effect upon others.
Remember, the Universe is a tapestry and all of the threads are connected. As you re-create your part of the picture, the entire mosaic begins to take on a new and more positive appearance. Align yourself with positive thoughts and the world will follow your example. Breathe life into your images and fill them with emotion, passion and life. See, feel, taste and hear your creation into existence. One last word of caution; do not fanaticize. While there are no limits except what we limit in our minds, there are laws that you cannot alter, at least on this plane and in this place. You will not be able to sprout wings and fly, at least not physically. If you have no singing voice at all but want to be a big rock star, then be prepared to take music lessons. If you do not know how to turn on a computer, you will not wake up a Webmaster the next morning. The Universe may provide you with the means and opportunities to manifest some of these desires, but until you achieve a higher level of spiritual mastership it is probably best to keep your desires in the realm of possibility. While all things are possible, not all things are probable.
Jesus laid a set of principles regarding the manifestation of one’s reality and desires. It is important to repeat that the cornerstone that he placed has nothing to do with one’s religious belief or faith. There was no such thing as Christianity during his lifetime and his message was meant for all. Based upon his stream of thought, it is possible to outline a specific pattern to follow, a specific mindset that is needed in order to work hand-in-hand with the Universe in the act of creation. The following outlines the essence of the teachings of Jesus on this topic.
Use it as a checklist or a quick mental check to ensure your success in using The Law of Attraction.
1. Your focus must be clear and not filled with
excess “merchandise” or concern for day-to-day problems.
2. Realize that all of your needs and desires have already been met—the fields are ripe for harvest NOW.
3. Your mindset must be free and clear of judgments concerning your world. A judgment is a final decision and whatever you are convinced of in your mind will manifest in your world.
4. Change your mind about the nature of the world and know that the kingdom of heaven is here now, in each of you.
5. Let the inner light of your true nature be made manifest in your world.
6. You can be as perfect as the Universe. In fact, you are as perfect as the Universe. You just need to know it.
7. Take no concern for the basic necessities of life, they have been provided. See the abundance that is freely given to all. The Universe knows of your needs and has provided accordingly.
8. In order to attract that which you desire, you must find that part of you, the kingdom within, that has no doubts, that knows that all of your desires are fulfilled now.
9. Everything in your life is a result of your thoughts and intentions. This is The Law of Responsibility. Denial of this fact may close doors that lead to the kingdom within.
10. You cannot expect to manifest your desires if your mind set is one that believes in lack and scarcity in the Universe. If you are not convinced within, you will not alter what you perceive to be without. You cannot put new wine in old bottles.
11. If your thoughts are divided and you lack confidence and certainty, your mental house will collapse.
12. Thinking you know it all does not work if you have only information but little inner conviction.
13. Whatever you decide the world is, that is how it will be.
14. If you want to know how you really think and feel, merely examine your life. The fruits that you see are your own thoughts made manifest.
15. Whatever you believe, that is the way your life and world will be.
16. Once you establish an inner conviction that the laws work, you become a magnet of positive energy. To him that has, more is give. This is The Law of Attraction.
17. There is nothing within that does not appear without.
18. Beware of the beliefs and ideas that you allow to enter your mind.
19. Eliminate all fears, they attract what you least desire.
20. The field of harvest is in our minds. When you try to alter your entire belief system do not be surprised if your negative thoughts try to strike back and re-take control of your life. Old ways die-hard.
21. Contrary to appearance and belief, there is literally nothing outside of you that can harm you.
22. It is only what you express from the depths of your thoughts, emotions, and intentions and words that can have a negative impact on your life.
23. There is a difference between information and “knowing.”
24. Nothing is impossible.
25. You are gods and if you ask, seek, and knock, you will receive. The door will be opened.
26. What you have received, what you have found and the doors that have been opened are of your own doing.
27. If you seek the truth of your inner being, all that you need and desire will be manifest in your life.
28. Always be ready to hear the inner voice of inspiration and guidance.
29. Whatever you desire, know that you have it now.
30. Your rewards are for the now, not the afterlife.
31. There is no separation between you, God, Jesus and the entire Universe.
32. Ask, know (believe), receive, give thanks and share.
33. The path to the kingdom is through the inner self and not through any person, including Jesus. He is the WAY means that the inner self is the door. You can only change yourself, not others.